Add new product
Now, it is very important that you select your main language on the top of the page: You will add your products on your original language. After that, a duplicate of that product will be created to the other languages. So, it is better to start adding the products in english. Then, duplicates will be created to the other languages, which, if not overwritten by you, will remain in english.
Step 1: Add Product
On your products page, click on “Add new Product”.
You can set the following values:
- Product name: The name of the product that will be displayed in the store.
- Price: The price of your product
- Discounted price: Discounted price of the product. This value has to be less than the original price. On the product, customers will see the percentage discounted from the original price.You can schedule a discount to automatically end at a certain day.
- Short description: A short description of your product. This will be visible next to the image.
- Category: Category of the product. It is very important that you accurately select the category of your product to make it easier for customers to find it. If you think that a category that you need doesn´t exist, please contact the admin.
- Product tags(optional): Product tags that describe your product. Not as important as the attributes (see next section)
- Description: A full description of your product. This can be longer than the short description.
If you want to add more products in a row, click on “Create and add new”. To go directly to next step, click on “Create Product”.
Step 2: Add Attributes
Product attributes allow customers to search and find products better. They can filter the products by attributes , and they get extra valuable information from you.
It is very important that you don´t skip this step and add as many attributes as you can to your products. This will increase their visibility and will be easier to find.
Go to Dashboard > Products and click on the product you want to add an attribute to. The product edit window will open, where you have many options. First, we are going to focus on the attribute section since that´s the most important one. Follow these steps to add attributes to your products:
Scroll down to the attribute section and follow the following steps:
- Select an attribute name from the dropdown list.
- Click on “Add attribute”
- Select the attribute values from the field on the right. If you think that you need a value that is not listed, please contact the admin. You can select as many values as you want. Please try to be as accurate as possible to avoid confusion.
- Repeat the first three steps again to add another attribute and its values.
- When you´re finished, click on “Save attribute”.
- Click on “Save product”.
Please repeat this procedure for all your products to make sure that all of them have accurate attributes that describe them.
If you don´t enter attributes, your products will not appear when customers filter their search results for attributes.
Step 3 (optional): Other options
You plenty of other options for your products. These are not required, but you can choose whether to implement them or not, depending on your needs.
This allows you to manage the stock of your products.
- SKU: Unique identifier for your product. By adding this number to a product that is listed in a variety of stores, this product on Beauty4Future will show up in Google´s result when customers search for the product.
- Stock status: Availability of the product.
- You can allow only one quantity of this product to be bought in a single order.
If this product has different return conditions than the general conditions you entered for your store, you can override these settings only for this product by selecting this option.
You will be able to enter a new return policy that will only apply for this product (e.g. if you sell a skinroller, it can´t be returned for hygienic reasons, so you should select the “no warranty” option for this product.)
Enter the weight and dimensions for your product. This will especially be useful for future integrations with shipping systems to automate the process.
Linked products (RECOMMENDED):
Upsells: Up-sells are products that you recommend instead of the currently viewed product.
They are typically products that are more profitable or better quality or more expensive, or simply different variations of a product line. For example, if you are selling an shampoo based on coconut extract, an up-sell could be a shampoo based on lemon extract.
On Beauty4Future, these products display on the single product page underneath the product’s description with the statement “You may also like…“
This feature is highly recommended.
Cross-sells: Cross-sells are products that you promote in the cart, based on the current product.
They are typically complementary items. For example, if you are selling an make-up powder, cross-sells might be powder pads. Or if you’re selling a serum, it could be a skin roller to use before applying the serum.
On Beauty4Future, these products display on the cart page at the bottom with the statement “You may also like…“
This feature is highly recommended.
Allows you to add a percentage bulk discount for your product based on a minimum quantity.